Eating out is part of our life, whether it be for a business meeting during lunch, a dinner hosted by friends or eating at a fast food restaurant with the kids. We eat out of the house because it is easy, fast and fun. But, ¿It is healthy?
For years eating at home at noon has been a rarity, especially in big cities. The hours and distances make the restaurant a mandatory option for many. And this logically can influence nutritional balance ...
Eating out can be great, especially when associated with social gatherings, celebrations, parties, etc. However, also can be a problem when it comes to maintaining a healthy diet.
Eating healthy at work is something that almost no person does, every morning we are plagued by the question of what to take to work that day. The decision is often made due to lack of time and to some extent also laziness, we tend to opt for quick and unhealthy dishes such as cans and countless ready meals. We often forget about the hidden calorie, fat, and sugar traps found in these foods.
That's why a quick, healthy and nutritious lunch to take to work is necessary. You will find the recipes and the necessary tips for it in this article. You will see how you fill up with health and you will also have fun.
How to get a healthy lunch?
For a delicious and healthy lunch, you must combine the ingredients from all the important food groups, as respecting the principles of a balanced diet is the most important thing. Look for fresh vegetables, protein sources like legumes, and foods with slow-absorbing carbohydrates and fiber, as well as pasta and brown rice.
Also, make sure you eat at least five servings of fruits and vegetables a day. Fruit in particular provides energy quickly and also provides you with important vitamins and nutrients. The same applies to nuts, which also promote concentration.
Quick and healthy recipes to eat out
We propose 2 healthy lunch recipes that you can prepare in a few minutes. If you don't have any of the ingredients, dare to improvise.
1. Pasta with tofu, tomatoes and peppers
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 200 g smoked tofu
- 100 g whole grain macaroni or spaghetti
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 50 g of dried tomatoes
- 1/2 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta as usual.
- While the pasta is cooking, cut the tomatoes into small squares. Wash and chop the peppers. Then peel the garlic and chop it up.
- Season the pasta with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pan, fry the peppers, tomatoes and garlic. Add the cut tofu, reserve after five minutes.
- Drain the pasta. Let the macaroni or spaghetti cool, add the vegetable mixture, add the balsamic vinegar and stir well.
- Once well stirred, place in a bowl with a lid and leave in the fridge overnight.
2. Healthy wraps
Ingredients (for 2 servings):
- 2 whole wheat wraps
- 100g hummus
- 60 g of celery
- 2 avocados
- 2 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 apple
- Some plain yogurt
- A little salt, pepper and herbs
- Wash the lettuce leaves and cut them into strips. Clean the celery and chop it finely.
- Then wash and peel the apple and cut it into thin slices.
- Remove the avocado from its peel and mix it with the natural yogurt.
- Moisten the whole wheat rolls a little with water and bake them briefly.
- Then spread the wraps with the hummus, top with the avocado and natural yogurt mixture and the rest of the prepared ingredients.
- Finally, roll up the wraps and store them in the container.
Go ahead and prepare these recipes and dare to choose to make healthy decisions for yourself and for your health.