Today, the practice of yoga has become popular among the new generations thanks to its multiple physical, mental and spiritual benefits, in addition to the convenience of being able to practice it at home.
Do you know Kundalini Yoga? This aspect teaches you to have conscious control of the mental, physical and nervous energies of the body with the idea of making the most of them. It is an ancient technique that is also known as the Yoga of Consciousness, and it is considered one of the most powerful styles: 12 years of Hatha Yoga practice is equivalent to 1 year of Kundalini Yoga practice.
Broadly speaking, we can tell you that practicing Kundalini will help you control your breathing and focus your thinking, while the postures serve to balance the glandular system and strengthen the nervous system.
This type of yoga involves many elements in its practice, making this discipline one of the most complete within the holistic tradition.
These are the basic elements of Kundalini Yoga:
- Body postures: known as asanas or hatha yoga.
- Special breaths: pranayamas.
- Postures with the hands: mudras.
- Body locks: bhandas.
- Chants and intonations: mantras or mantra yoga.
- Deep meditation through rhythms: laya yoga.
- Practice of devotion: bhakti yoga.
- Meditation: raja yoga.
- Sound stream: naad yoga.
Benefits of Kundalini Yoga
- The muscles are strengthened, and the muscular atrophy resulting from a sedentary life is eliminated.
- Meditation and guided breathing during a Kundalini session play a fundamental role in learning to control your stress levels.
- Its exercises give an internal massage to the tissues and organs, increasing the circulation of lymph and other body fluids.
- Thanks to the different breathing techniques used, lung capacity is increased.
- Rejuvenates muscles and tissues, in addition to strengthening our nervous and immune systems.
Basic considerations for practicing Kundalini Yoga
- Inform your teacher if you are pregnant, as there are postures and breathing exercises that are counterproductive.
- If you have been injured or are recovering from an injury, be patient, never force your postures.
- If you have high blood pressure, you need special routines.
Beyond the important physical benefits, it should be noted that through Kundalini Yoga you can achieve an inner state of greater well-being and tranquility, an aspect that the fast-paced life of big cities, technology and work have worn down a lot. Recover your integral health!