It is our coverage plan for Latin America and the Caribbean with a coverage of US$500,000 and the possibility of increasing it to US$1,500,000. It offers you a free choice of hospitals and specialists, total and permanent disability coverage for the policy holder for US$50,000 and a term life insurance rider for US$50,000 or US$100,000.
|Maximum coverage per insured (Per policy year)||US$500,000|
|Waiting period||60 days / Immediate coverage for accidents and infectious diseases|
|Geographic coverage||Latin America and the Caribbean|
|Hospital network||Freedom of choice|
|Renewals||Guaranteed. No age limit|
|Temporary emergency coverage due to accident while application is being underwritten||US$50,000|
|Emergency medical treatment outside area of coverage||US$25,000|
|Exemption of premiums for death or total and permanent disability of the holder||2 years|
• Residents of Latin America and the Caribbean. No age limit for issuance and renewal.
• Dependent children up to their 18th birthday or who are single and reside with the policy holder until their 30th birthday. Dependents who study full-time outside the country of residence • until they are 24 years of age.
• Medical examination is required (the insurer reserves the right to waive the medical examination, according to a declaration of good health and / or evidence presented by the proposed insured)
• Applies per insured, per policy year, up to a maximum of 2 deductibles per family.
• In case of an accident in country of residence in which one or more family members suffer injury only one deductible per policy year will apply.
• Expenses incurred during the last 90 days of the policy year not exceeding the deductible will be applied to the next policy year period.
|Medical and surgical charges||100%|
|Hospital room (Per day. Maximum 240 days)||US$400|
|Intensive care unit (Per day. Maximum 240 days)||US$800|
|Chemotherapy, radiotherapy and dialysis||100%|
|Laboratory tests and diagnostic services||100%|
|Physical therapy, occupational therapy and language therapy due to illness or covered accident||100%|
|Treatment for injuries as a result of participation in non-professional sports||100%|
|Hospital indemnity (Per day. Maximum 10 days)||US$100|
|Routine medical check-up (Deductible does not apply. Policyholder and spouse. 12 months waiting period)||US$250|
|Complications of pregnancy (Ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous/not elective abortion, death of the embryo or fetus, hydatidiform)||100%|
|Dental treatment due to accident (Deductible does not apply)||100%|
|Home nursing (Maximum 30 days)||100%|
|Cancer risk reduction surgery (Prophylactic surgery)||100%|
|Reconstructive surgery due to illness||100%|
|Organ transplant (Lifetime)||US$500,000|
|Medical benefit for organ resection from a donor||US$25,000|
|Total and permanent disability of the holder||US$50,000|
|Local ambulance (Deductible does not apply)||US$1,000|
Additional Coverage Riders (Optional)
• Term Life Insurance (US$50,000 or US$100,000)
Travel Assistance - Medical Emergency Transportation
* INCLUDED AT NO ADDITIONAL COST.
• The BMI Access Service Center provides 24 × 7 assistance and exclusive benefits for all BMI health insured.
• The insured should only contact BMI Access to be assigned a Medical Coordinator, who will be their guide to
coordinate any services or benefits available in your health policy.
Tel .: +1(305)665-4817
US Tel: 1-800-882-7796
BMI MD Live
Coinsurance within the network vive Costa Rica
Out-of-network coinsurance vive Costa Rica
Emergency coverage outside of Costa Rica
|Maximum coverage per insured (Per policy year)||US$1,500,000|
|Hospital room and intensive care unit (Maximum 240 days)||100%|
Includes: Outpatient chemotherapy, radiotherapy and dialysis
Medications after hospitalization / outpatient surgery (90 days)
Laboratory tests and diagnostic services
Physical therapy, occupational therapy and language therapy due to illness or covered accident
Treatment for injuries as a result of participation in non-professional sports
Request a quote